DJI GOGGLES RACING EDITION
Are DJI Goggles RE compatible with the Mavic 2?
Yes. Please first activate DJI Goggles RE and update the firmware to version 01.00.0600 or above on your computer using the appropriate version of DJI Assistant 2. Power on DJI Goggles RE, choose Linking in Settings, then choose Mavic 2. Press the link button on the Mavic 2 and wait for a few seconds to connect DJI Goggles RE to the aircraft.
* To download the version of DJI Assistant 2 that is compatible with DJI Goggles RE, please visit: https://www.dji.com/dji-goggles-re/info#downloads.
What are the main differences between DJI Goggles Racing Edition (RE) and DJI Goggles?
1. In addition to the 2.4GHz digital transmission band, the new DJI Goggles RE also supports the 5.8GHz band, which can avoid the usual interference on the more crowded 2.4GHz.
2. DJI Goggles RE has redesigned the internal linear polarized omnidirectional antennas and added new external Pagoda antenna, a 5.8GHz single-frequency omnidirectional left hand circularly polarized (LHCP) antenna.
3. DJI Goggles RE has restructured the radio communication strategy and video decoding algorithm to lower transmission latency to 50 ms* (with wireless transmission latency of less than 10 ms), ensuring smooth and reliable video transmission and avoiding video lag and disconnection from the digital video transmission system when operating in a normal environment.
4. DJI Goggles RE supports analog transmission at any integer frequency between 5.650~5.925 GHz and analog video storage on a Micro SD card.
5. DJI Goggles RE can store digital video on a Micro SD card.
6. DJI Goggles RE supports local video playback and Sphere pano viewing, allowing users to turn their head to get a 360° view of the Sphere pano.
7. The facial pad has been redesigned and the headband has used new replaceable leather materials to make it even more comfortable to wear.
*When tested with a 480p video feed.
How long is transmission system latency on DJI Goggles RE?
1. Latency of the transmission system (end to end ) comes from latency in the camera, coding, wireless transmission, Vsync, display, and screen response.
2. According to testing results, a transmission system with the lowest latency has a latency ranging from 30-50 ms, while the latency of an ordinary transmission system ranges from 50-80 ms.
3. The Ocusync transmission system latency range is 50-70 ms, tested in an environment without interference and with a 480p 50fps video feed, with coding latency measured at approx. 5 ms and wireless transmission latency measured at <10 ms.
How many analog transmission frequency channels do DJI Goggles RE support?
DJI Goggles RE supports the 5.8GHz FPV Band A/B/E/F/C (Raceband）, up to 40 channels in total. It also receives up to of 275 integer frequencies between 5650~5925 MHz, in which Band C (Raceband) includes 8 channels and the channel interval is 27 MHz. It is recommended to choose Band C when flying multiple aircraft simultaneously.
Which DJI drones are compatible with DJI Goggles RE?
DJI Goggles RE work with all the DJI drones compatible with the original DJI Goggles, including the Spark, Mavic Pro, Phantom 4 Series, and Inspire 2.
What's the SMA port on the body of the Goggles RE for?
In addition to the four antennas built into the original DJI Goggles, DJI Goggles RE are also compatible with external antennas, which work with the built-in ones to support 5.8 GHz video transmission. The external antennas connect to the SMA port on the Goggles' body.
What video formats do DJI Goggles RE support?
MP4, MOV, MKV
Do DJI Goggles RE support any third-party flight controllers or remote controllers?
Yes. Supported flight controllers: KISS, F3, F4, and Naze Supported remote controllers: X9D (FrSky), DEVO 10 (Walkera), T8FG (Futaba), T14SG (Futaba), WTF09sll (WFLY), and AT9S (RadioLink)
How can I view Sphere pano photos with DJI Goggles RE?
1. Sphere panos on SkyPixel can be downloaded to an SD card and viewed with Goggles in the Local Storage interface.
2. If Sphere panos are saved to a DJI aircraft, you can download the photos to Goggles RE from Aircraft Storage then view them in the Local Storage interface.
DJI OCUSYNC AIR UNIT
What is the SD card slot for?
Videos recorded by the DJI OcuSync Air Unit will be stored on the SD card inserted into the Air Unit's SD card slot. Videos rendered from the live view will also save to the Goggles' SD card slot. Please note that these SD slots do not support hot swapping.
Can I connect the Air Unit with any non-DJI camera?
Does the OcuSync Air System support non-DJI antennas?
Yes. However, we strongly recommend you do not use non-DJI antennas as compatibility problems may arise.
What batteries does the Air Unit support?
3S or 4S batteries.
How do I update the video transmission module of the Air Unit?
Connect the video transmission module to a PC with a USB cable. Open DJI Assistant 2 and choose the firmware version you need. Proceed with the firmware update.
Can I remove the metal shell from the video transmission module to reduce weight?
No. The metal shell is used for cooling and fixing the device. It should not be removed.
How many frequency channels does the DJI OcuSync Air Unit support?
1. Under Auto mode, the DJI OcuSync Air Unit automatically chooses a frequency among 105 channels available in the 5.8GHz frequency band and 63 channels available in the 2.4GHz frequency band.
2. Under Manual mode, the DJI OcuSync Air Unit supports 12 5.8GHz channels and 7 2.4GHz channels. Compared to analog video transmission, these frequency channels were designed to have lower interference between adjacent channels. Where simultaneously working analog video transmission systems can cause severe interference, the OcuSync Air Unit supports up to 19 simultaneously working systems.
DJI OCUSYNC CAMERA
Can I connect the camera to other devices other than the DJI OcuSync Air Unit?
Can I use the camera of the OcuSync Air Unit to take photos?
No. But you can take screenshot by pressing the touch pad on the Goggles RE with two fingers and hold.
DJI OCUSYNC ANTENNA
What are the differences between the three compatible antennas?
DJI Goggles RE come with a set of three compatible antennas for different scenarios:
• Pagoda: This circularly polarized antenna performs best at 5.8 GHz.
• Cylindrical: Also circularly polarized, this antenna operates at 2.4 and 5.8 GHz for fully integrated performance.
• Dipole: Linearly polarized, this antenna operates at 2.4 and 5.8 GHz and is lightweight, allowing for a clear video feed at close distances.
Can I bend two antennas to make them cross each other?
No. Bending the antennas may permanently affect their service life and performance.
Can I remove the silicone cover from a Dipole antenna?
It is recommended you do not remove the silicone cover.
When using Goggles RE to receive analog video transmission, can I use antennas other than the official DJI Pagoda Antenna?
No. In many countries, local laws and regulations do not allow unofficial antennas to be used.